Monday, October 31, 2016

Mechanical Engineer

  After taking the true colors test I got the color green. The color green indicated that I need explanations and answers with deep analysis. Deep analysis is required because the color indicated that I will not move on of an idea if I do not fully understand. My career of choice is mechanical engineering because the name interested me. On my research I found out that mechanical engineers are not necessarily doing hands on work most of the time. Instead mechanical engineers do a lot of developing new ideas or even rebuild machines dealing with combustion. Many mechanical engineers work in groups and bolster each other with problem solving and developing new ideas. An interesting fact about mechanical engineers are that they help build many machinery that involves transportation such as cars, planes, and many more.
   

   Since I grew interest in my future career I was recommended to see a counselor in order to see the requirements necessary for the career. I decided to recourse a counseling appointment with Brian Mims. During the counseling appointment Brian and I discussed the steps I need to follow in order to become a mechanical engineer. The first step Brian said to do was to complete all of my CSU and UC transferable courses. After I complete all of my transferable courses I would then need to complete the required courses for mechanical engineering. Once I complete those two steps then I could apply to a CSU or UC university.

  After seeing a counselor I decided it was best to interview someone who is affiliated with mechanical engineering. I was recommended to interview Cocca Steven so I schedule an appointment with him. Cocca Steven is a former professor at el camino college and a former engineer. One thing that I found interesting during our interview was that mechanical engineering is a lot of group work. Majority of mechanical engineers work together as a whole in order to have Inclusive ideas. 





No comments:

Post a Comment