Monday, October 24, 2016

Physical Therapist

The color that I got was Green from that Color Test, and one of the selection was a Physical Therapist. I've thought of and liked the idea of being a Physical Therapist, so I researched and studied on what Physical Therapists do and built an interest in their career. Physical Therapist has clients or patients and sits with them to examine their body, to see how their body is and if there are any type of injuries or anything in that area, and how they can help the patients. As a person myself that loves the physical movements of human bodies, and personally having muscle and bone complications, I grew a interest in this career.

So to know more about this mesmerizing human body, I went and talked to the counselor about the path I can take to achieve this job. With a bolster from the Counselor, I learned that the best path to take in order to get the Physical Therapist job was to take Kinesiology class, and luckily, we had just that here in El Camino. Further more she gave me more information about the class and which schools are experts at it, and concluded that CSULB, the Cal State University of Long Beach had one of the best programs for Kinesiology. Taking that course will branch off to many different types of Physical studies, things I've never even heard of before, so that was pretty interesting.

 So luckily at my work, there was an employee that worked as a personal trainer, also a physical therapist. I asked him about the job, how he got to it, and how it is, and what type of experiences will help me get the job. A lot of the things he told me was something that I already knew, but I did grab new information that I never knew, such as taking such classes that helps you with communications, basically social skills, and learning how to cope with others, and bunch of other experiences needed in order to achieve such job. I was overwhelmed by it at first, but I accepted the truth. Also he told that being a physical therapist isn't a easy job. You need to make certain schedules for certain patients at certain times, and that I would need to give up a lot of my time and the things I love to do, so that I can achieve this job. I accepted it all, but the road ahead did look hard and stumpy. But I listened through it all, just imaging that one day, there will be a contingency of me becoming a physical therapist. 

No comments:

Post a Comment