Monday, October 31, 2016

Registered Nurse



The color that I got after taking the True Colors test was blue. Some of the characteristics that were listed were looking for meaning in life, unique, authentic, communicative, compassionate, satisfaction from contributing to and encourage others, good supporter, and a good listener. There were many careers in the Medical field under the color blue. The career that I choose was a Registered nurse because it's something I've been wanting to be since I was very young. Helping people has always  mesmerized me. I don't like seeing people distraught, so I would want to help up lift them. A Registered Nurse is someone who gives a patient information about their health condition, provide support for patients and their family, and perform patient care. You could become a registered nurse in about 3 years, you just need to really be dedicated and put in effort since it's a career that is really impacted. There is a lot of competition, since the medical field has always been popular. There will always be doctors, dentists, nurses, etc. needed. It’s a career that will never run out of jobs.
The counselor that I went to go see, Maribel Hernandez, was very helpful. She was very patient with me and really helped guide me through on what classes I should take for my career. Turns out, we have some classes that are just right for my career. Since I want to transfer to Cal State Long Beach, I need a total of 60 transferable units in order to be able to transfer. She helped me choose my classes for my next 4 semesters at El Camino. She told me, “I want to make sure you are taking the right classes, instead of taking the wrong ones and wasting time since I’m sure you want to transfer quickly.” She really took the time to explain what each class was, so I wouldn’t be confused. I could tell the counselor is really dedicated at what she does and enjoys her job. There aren’t many counselors out there like her.
           The person that I interviewed was Maryanne. She works at Kaiser Permanente and is a Registered Nurse. She has been a nurse for 20 years. She really enjoys her job because she knows that she is making a positive impact in people’s lives. It puts a smile on her face knowing that she is capable of helping patients in any way she can. She never wants people to feel precarious because her job is to make them feel safe. Something that was totally different from what I’ve researched was that you must have good memory while on the job, since it could move at a fast pace at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment