Wednesday, September 28, 2016

South Los Angeles





              My name is Kevin Trejo, I was born and raised in South Los Angeles also known as “South Central”.  The approximate population is 749,453 it is divided into 28 neighborhoods. South Los Angeles has had a reputation of gang violence and poverty. This community has many landmarks like Watts’s towers, Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum, Sports Arena, USC, and Coca-Cola building. These communities has been dominated by middle class Latinos and African Americans. As a member of these neighborhoods I can tell you South Central can be a dangerous or a euphoric place to live. A dangerous place because of all the crime and drugs but a also a protective and safe environment. It really depends on how you treat the city and people who live here. With my 19 years living in South Central I have come to learn many things about myself and life lessons on respect, responsibility and ambition. Los Angeles would not be the same without this community.

9 comments:

  1. I did not know that South Central was divided into 28 neighborhoods!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the post especially about how it is divided into different neighborhoods.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought South Central was just one city, but wow surprising to know it's divided like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the different neighborhoods are cool and i live ten minutes away from the coliseum.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the different neighborhoods are cool and i live ten minutes away from the coliseum.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I live in south LA as well. I like all the information you included nice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have always seen this place as a bad area but you saying you lived there and it isn't bad makes me think twice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had no idea that south Central was divided like that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had no idea that south Central was divided like that.

    ReplyDelete