Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Mexico City My Hometown

Mexico City

Mexico City is located in North America 1548 miles from Los Angeles, CA. It is a lager city with many people of different cultural backgrounds, It's population of about 117 million people makes it the 11th most populated country in the world. In this ostentatious city the main language spoken is Spanish. The symbol of Mexico is a golden eagle which venerates my hometown and the nation as a whole.

Image result for eagle of mexico

Mexico City is known for many things but one of my favorite that may be a little rudimentary for many the hot chocolate, absolutely delicious and worth every cent. My personal favorite brand is the Abuelita which in my hometown is a must have every holiday. Mexico is also well know for its delicious, unique, and astonishing food which is ubiquitous in every city. I am euphoric just knowing that; tacos, tortas, and tamales are from Mexico City because I grew up around all these nebulous foods. That make Mexico City so special I am proud it is my hometown.
Image result for tacos tamales and tortasImage result for mexican hot chocolate
A place I would recommend anyone to visit no matter their race culture or religious beliefs is Cathedral of Assumption of the most Blessed Virgin Mary into Heaven. It is beautiful inside and out it serves a religious purpose but also artistic and historical one. It is located in Plaza de la Constitucion. This Cathedral has 12 pillars and many altars and unique art pieces. It was built between 1782 and 1815 meaning it is about 203 years old. It has been through several reconstructions and natural disasters.



Image result for catedral metropolitanaImage result for catedral metropolitana inside

6 comments:

  1. I would love to taste the hot chocolate that you mentioned in your blog. Nothing rudimentary about hot chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice picture of the abuelita it made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yo my family is from jailsco, we know where that true chicano hertage came from.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really wanted to go to Mexico see all the history of Mexico and learn something I like the pictures you posted really interesting

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am very familiar with most of those pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Chocolate Abuelita! especially on winter.

    ReplyDelete