Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Hawthorne, CA.

My name is Alyssa Hernandez. I was born and raised in Hawthorne, California. Hawthorne is an averaged sized city with a population of about 87,000 people. I have lived in the same house ever since I was born. My hometown is special because it has a neighborly feel to it. Everyone is very gregarious and always willing to help when you need it. After all, Hawthorne is the "City of Good Neighbors." The best place to eat in Hawthorne is called Frijoles. It is a local, authentic Mexican restaurant that has the best dry bean and cheese burrito. the service is impeccable and the food is delicious. The funnest place to hang out after having your dry bean and cheese burrito at Frijoles is Eucalyptus park, nicknamed "The Dirty" by locals. It is a very safe park since there is always police there arresting people who are doing stuff they probably shouldn't be doing. Being at "The Dirty" makes me feel euphoric when I am hanging out with my friends. The famous band, The Beach Boys,  originated in Hawthorne! In fact, they lived a couple of blocks down from my house. Although Hawthorne is not a touristy city, it is still a very special place to me and everyone else who lives in this remarkable city as well.




5 comments:

  1. I did not know that the Beach Boys were from there! One of the band members also was a student at ECC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to try Frijoles there, it sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I grew up in many places, but I've also lives in Hawthorne. A few of my family members live there too. I used to go to Jane Addams when it was an elementary school, then I transferred to William green.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lot of my close friends live in Hawthorne, and I for one can relate to how nice the community is kept.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aye man you know whats the spot? Fabulous, got the best chili cheese fries.

    ReplyDelete